Good nutrition is important to staying well. It is also an important part of preventing, treating or managing health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, digestive disorders, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer, and kidney disease.
The Registered Dietitians at UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown assess nutritional needs and make recommendations in regard to diet, exercise and other treatment plans.
Inpatient Services include:
- Nutrition Assessments, Physical Assessments, and Nutrition Care Plans
- Provide physician ordered disease specific meals for treatment and healing
- Nutrition Education
Outpatient Services include:
- Initial Nutrition Consultation: A 45 - 60 minute individual consultation with a Registered Dietitian. The Dietitian will review your health history, medications, food choices, behaviors and health goals to help you develop a basic nutrition and wellness plan tailored to your needs and lifestyle.
- Follow Up Series: After completing the initial nutrition consultations, ongoing nutrition counseling is available in 15-30 minute sessions.
- Outpatient nutrition consults require a physician referral and are not covered by all insurance carriers. Please check with your insurance prior to your visit to verify your coverage.
NEW FOCUS Program
- Available at all four UnityPoint Health Family Medicine Clinics, this program is a 12 month, individualized program that focuses on weight management, nutrition, physical activity, and other lifestyle factors. The NEW FOCUS Program includes check-in appointments with your primary care provider and a registered dietitian That occurs weekly, bi-weekly and monthly over the course of the 12 month program.
Education available for all disease states such as:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Diabetes Education
- Food Allergies/Intolerance
- Weight Loss or Management
We also provide:
If you have questions about your meals or diet, please call (641) 854-7530 or email MT_Dietitians@unitypoint.org
To see additional information on our dietitian services, click here.